Friday, October 12, 2012

Cloudy Days

The sun on my face on Coronado Beach
I'm not going to lie. I have a hard time with cloud days. I wish I could afford to live somewhere where it was sunny every day, but alas, I do cannot. So far Tennessee has proven to be a pretty even mix of cloudy and sunny days. Lately, the cloud days have tipped the scales, and I'm feeling it. I feel like the clouds have moved into my head, and set up shop. I long to lay on the beach and feel the sun's rays beam into my eyelids, and heat up my skin. I long for the blue skies of the desert that seem to go on forever. Maybe it's the fact that I'm from a very sunny place that my body somehow craves it. Maybe I need one of those lights that mimic sunshine. This is the time where virtual reality would really come in handy! How cool would it be to put on some glasses and be transported to the beach. I would put my feet in a bucket of sand, lather on some sunscreen and relax under my virtual sun. I would seriously do this...unless it cost more money than a plane ticket. :)

No comments: